This week we have also started learning about what Jesus' life must have been like so long ago. We have learned about the type of house he would have lived in, the clothes that he wore and the food that he ate. To finish this off this week, we made some butter in class to put on some bread rolls, just like Mary would have made for Jesus so long ago.
Butter sure does take a lot of shaking!
We have also written poetry this week and have focussed on Colour Poems, and I have been really impressed with what the children have come up with. We wrote a poem about the colour red on Tuesday, Yellow on Wednesday, and today the children chose their own colour to write about. Next week these poems will go home and the children will practise reading them aloud for next week.
When we read aloud we focus on these things -
1. I am able to be heard.
2. I can stand still and hold my book.
3. I am developing eye contact.
4. My reading sounds like talking (I use expression)
Next week we will video ourselves reading our own poems and then self assess our performance.
No comments:
Post a Comment